It has been said many times before – big and lasting weight loss result from lifestyle changes – they include both changing your diet as well as increasing your activity level. Recent research has indicated that just by adopting new simple lifestyle habits, you can lose weight a lot more weight over the course of months and years, and sustain that weight loss for the long run.
Takeaway: Lifestyle changes is by far better for your body and far more effective than any fad weight loss programs.
It has been said many times that the best drink to help you lose weight is water but that can get boring. So, here are 8 healthy drinks that have been proven effective to help you burn fat and lose weight while keeping you hydrated at the same time.An easy first step towards changing your lifestyle habits to aid weight loss is simply watching what you drink. A very simple rule you should keep in mind when choosing what to drink is – just avoid high calorie, sugary drinks including sodas and fruit juices – they are one of the main culprits to fast weight gain – yes, even the diet ones.
1. Green Tea
Green tea is a great health drink, known to help purify the body, protect it from cancer, and enhance skin health. Drinking three to five cups of green tea daily can help cause positive improvements in your health. Since green tea contains a large amount of antioxidants, it is one of the best diet and fitness drinks.
Green tea’s greatest benefit is “all about the catechin content.” Catechin is an antioxidant that fights and may even help prevent cell damage. Furthermore, research has shown that green tea can improve blood flow, reduce cholesterol, and help prevent a range of heart-related issues.Though research has not shown it to help people lose weight, drinking green tea instead of sugary drinks can help you build a healthy lifestyle. Just keep away from the honey and sugar.
2. Jillian Michael’s 7-Day Detox Water
Jillian Michael’s drink is one of most effective and popular drinks for weight loss in the USA and Europe. Over a million people have tested it and proved that it can be effective at reducing excess water weight and bloat. Women who have drank this 7 days straight have reportedly loss 5 to 8 pounds over the course of the week.
Detox Drink Recipe
- 60 ounces of pure distilled water
- 1 tbsp pure, unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 pack dandelion root tea
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Boil 8 oz of the distilled water and steep the tea for at least 10 minutes. Discard the tea bag, mix all of the ingredients together, and drink the entire mixture every day for seven days. You will make a new batch each day. The goal is to drink 60 ounces of the concoction every day. See you weight fall off.
3. Ice Water
Did you know that water is one of the seven best drinks for burning fat? I didn’t think so. And while some diet items can be expensive or hard to find, this one should be available to most people.
Adding more ice water to your diet can help you lose weight in a number of ways:
- There is a theory that when you drink cold water, your body needs to burn calories in order to heat it up to digest it. While technically true, drinking even a large amount of cold water only helps your body burn a few extra calories.
- Drinking a glass of water before meals can help you fill up faster and feel more full. A UK study at the University of Birmingham showed that obese adults who drank 16 oz of water 30 minutes before eating a meal lost 9 pounds over the course of 12 weeks, more than those that did not drink any extra water.
- Many people reach for snacks out of boredom or thirst instead of hunger. If you feel hungry, drink a glass of water and see if you’re still hungry in 30 minutes.
4. Apple and Cinnamon Water
Cinnamon is known as an antimicrobial food. It also helps to regulate blood sugar while speeding up your metabolism, thus boosting weight loss.
Apples have phytonutrients that help control blood sugar as well and helps to slow down the digestion of carbohydrates. Apple Cider Vinegar is high in acetic acid, lowering blood sugar levels, and can increase feelings of fullness.
- 2 litres of pure distilled water
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 large apple
Cut up the large apples into pieces, add them into the water. Mix all the ingredients well and store it in the fridge overnight to let the apples infuse in the water.
5. Skim Milk
It is a common mistake to believe that drinking milk will keep you from losing weight. In eality, studies have proven that a calcium-rich diet is linked to long-term weight loss.
Calcium promotes the body’s ability to burn fat alongside a moderate diet system or weight loss program. According to research from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, people who consumed more calcium over the course of two years lost more weight than those that consumed less calcium.
Since milk is a good source of calcium, a reasonable quantity of skim milk might be a good addition to your diet. However, science is still unclear on dairy and calcium’s effect on weight loss. Milk can also be high in calories, so be sure you’re still drinking in moderation.
6. Arabian Tea – with Ginger, Green Tea, Cumin, and Mint
This is an Arabian recipe tested since time immemorial. It can stimulate the metabolism and is a great drink to try.
Arabian Tea Recipe
- 1 tsp green tea leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chopped, fresh mint
- 1 tsp chopped, fresh ginger
Mix the above ingredients in 16 oz of water. Stir well and boil for 10 minutes. Strain out the loose ingredients and drink 8 oz one half hour before every meal.
7. Belly Slimming Spa Drink
If you’ve indulge in a spa treatment now and again, you’ll would have notice this water drink is what they serve you at every single spa treatment or health wellness center. They are cucumbers, lemon, orange and mint.
Cucumber has citrulline amino acid which has characteristic can get rid of ammonia from our liver and kidneys. It is a byproduct of the proteins where our bodies burn for energy. Meanwhile mint helps you to digest efficiently as it improves the flow of bile.
Basically, the digested stuff will flow from bile to the liver to the gallbladder to the small intestine and break down dietary fats. On the other hand, lemon embarks the digestive track thus it can help you if you have constipation, heartburn, or gas.
- 2 litres of pure distilled water
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 10 fresh mint leaves
Fill in your water bottle with the sliced cucumber, lemon and orange and mint leaves. Shake well and then, let the water to cool in a fridge overnight so that the ingredients infuse in the water.
8. Watermelon and Lime Water
Watermelon is high in lycopene, like tomatoes. Lycopene is a carotenoid phytonutrient that’s especially important for our cardiovascular health, and an increasing number of scientists now believe that lycopene is important for bone health as well. This fruit also contains a high level of Citrulline. Citrulline is an amino acid that is commonly converted by our kidneys and other organ systems into arginine (another amino acid).
Limes are filled with Vitamin C and antioxidants and protects against arthritis.
- 2 litres of pure distilled water
- 1 large wedge watermelon cut up in cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 lime, sliced
Fill in your water bottle with the watermelon cubes and sliced lime Shake well and then, let the water to cool in a fridge overnight so that the ingredients infuse in the water.
9. Organifi Green Juice
Organifi Green Juice is a gently dried superfoods drink mix that consists of 11 of the world’s healthiest superfoods. The combination of the 11 superfoods amps up your energy, helps you lose significant weight, and gets you feeling younger than you have in years.
Here are the benefits of 3 of the total 11 superfoods that are included in Organifi Green Juice:
1. Spirulina – this protein is packed with craving stopper that forces your body to shed weight and become slimmer, without counting calories or running marathons. Research has suggested that this oceanic plant can help you lose up to 20 pounds in 3 months.
2. Ashwagandha – this stress-reducing herb smoothes away wrinkles and blemishes, leaving you with the skin and hair of a 20 year old.
3. Matcha Tea – this antioxidant loaded, cancer-fighting green tea gives you as much energy as coffee, without the negative side effects associated with caffeine.
To find out more about Organifi Green Juice and how it can help you be healthier and skinnier, click here to view the Organifi Green Juice presentation now.